At West End we are currently opening worship to about 100 participants. Each week registration will be offered to 3 Fellowship groups – for October 25 it will be Fellowship Groups 1, 2 and 3. If you are part of these, please click on this link to register: https://reopen.church/r/bnMJXneH or call the church office at 780-454-8151.
Beginning the Thursday morning prior, registration for October 25 will be open to all congregants and the public until the maximum number is reached. Please use the link above to register.
Our goal is to ensure that we are doing everything possible to protect the health of each person who comes for worship. How are working within the AHS guidelines once you have registered?
- As of August 1, masks or face coverings are required as part of the City of Edmonton bylaw. There are exemptions for children under the age of 2 or those with some medical conditions. We also ask that you maintain 6 ft (2 m) of physical distance between individuals not in your household or cohort.
- If you are feeling ill, you must not come to church. Individuals who have been a identified as a close contact by Alberta Health Service, or those who have returned from outside of Canada in the last 14 days must also not come to church. If you have been tested for Covid 19 and are awaiting test results, you may not come to church if you have experienced any Covid-19 symptoms. This is to ensure compliance with current Public Health Directives. Don’t worry about your registration if you are unable to attend. Individuals are encouraged to consult the AHS Daily Screening checklist if they have any questions about this.
- You will be welcomed at the door by someone who will answer any questions you may have and confirm your health acknowledgement. This is a requirement from Alberta Health Services; information collected is destroyed after two weeks. Contact tracing and health monitoring are a vital part of a successful relaunch of our church and society.
- There is hand sanitizer available throughout the building – attendees are asked to clean their hands upon entering or exiting the sanctuary.
- Once in the sanctuary you will notice that seating is available in every third row of pews. This is to ensure 2m of distance between congregants. We ask that you leave 2 m of distance between yourself and people who are not in your household or cohort. There is extra room (4.5 m) between the praise team singers and the congregation as well.
- Faithwalk is available for ages 3-grade 3. Numbers are limited, and we ask that families register on the re-open site. Children are also welcome in the sanctuary. Doors will remain open so that caregivers and children can come and go easily if necessary.
- Offering baskets will be available at the doors of the sanctuary.
- Unfortunately, one of the conditions of in-person worship is that there not be communal/congregational singing. We lament this, but also want to find ways in which to express ourselves during times of song. Please feel free to hum, clap, raise hands, mouth words, dance, or tap your feet to participate in our worship through music.
- Exiting the sanctuary will be by section to ensure and allow for proper distancing.
- We welcome the opportunity to socialize safely after the service in the fellowship hall. We will be relying on members to keep a safe distance as we enjoy each other’s company.
Questions? Concerns? Please email of call our church office and we will do what we can to help.
We look forward to seeing you here when it works for you to come!