At West End we are currently opening worship to about 100 participants. Each week registration will be offered to 3 Fellowship groups – for August 2 it will be Fellowship Groups 6, 7 and 8. If you are part of these, please click on this link to register: https://reopen.church/r/bnMJXneH or call the church office at 780-454-8151.
Beginning the Thursday morning prior, registration for August 2 will be open to all congregants and the public until the maximum number is reached. Please use the link above to register.
Our goal is to ensure that we are doing everything possible to protect the health of each person who comes for worship. How are working within the AHS guidelines once you have registered?
- Wearing of masks is strongly encouraged for all. We also ask that you maintain 6 ft (2 m) of physical distance between individuals not in your household or cohort.
- If you are feeling ill, you must not come to church. Individuals who have been a close contact or potentially exposed to someone with a known case of Covid-19, or those who have returned from outside of Canada in the last 14 days must also not come to church. This is to ensure compliance with current Public Health Directives. Don’t worry about your registration for the service
- You will be welcomed at the door by someone who will answer any questions you may have and confirm your health acknowledgement. This is a requirement from Alberta Health Services; information collected is destroyed after two weeks. Contact tracing and health monitoring are a vital part of a successful relaunch of our church and society.
- There is hand sanitizer available throughout the building – attendees are asked to clean their hands upon entering or exiting the sanctuary.
- Once in the sanctuary you will notice that seating is available in every third row of pews. This is to ensure 2m of distance between congregants. We ask that you leave 2 m of distance between yourself and people who are not in your household or cohort. There is extra room (4.5 m) between the praise team singers and the congregation as well.
- There is no Faithwalk or nursery available at this time. Children are welcome in the sanctuary and we anticipate there will be more activity as we thankfully welcome them and your presence. Doors will remain open so that caregivers and children can come and go easily as needed.
- Offering baskets will be available at the doors of the sanctuary.
- Unfortunately, one of the conditions of in-person worship is that there not be communal/congregational singing. We lament this, but also want to find ways in which to express ourselves during times of song. Please feel free to hum, clap, raise hands, mouth words, dance, or tap your feet to participate in our worship through music.
- Exiting the sanctuary will be by section to ensure and allow for proper distancing.
- We welcome the opportunity to socialize safely after the service, either in the parking lot if the weather cooperates, or in the fellowship hall if the weather does not cooperate. We will be relying on members to keep a safe distance as we enjoy each other’s company.
Questions? Concerns? Please email of call our church office and we will do what we can to help.
We look forward to seeing you here when it works for you to come!